STATUTORY FUNCTIONS OF THE AGENCY
- Implementation of all State Government’s policies and programmes on Urban renewal.
- Continuous identification and studies of areas due for renewal.
- Drawing up of schemes for renewal programmes.
- Directing and monitoring of all resettlement schemes in redevelopment programmes.
- Monitoring, Coordinating and Implementation of renewal schemes drawn out by other Government MDAs and Local Governments in terms of facilities such as drains Health Centres, Markets, Shops and Recreation facilities within renewal schemes.
- Preparation of funds for resettlement programmes.
- Sourcing for funds for upgrading programmes.
- Development and management of acquired LASURA properties.
- Provision of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) through the establishment of stakeholders forum of Community Based Organisation (CBOs), Multinational Donor Agencies and Institutional Organisations.
- Monitoring, Initiation and review of Lagos State laws on slum upgrading and regeneration.
- Identification, continuous updating and mapping of slum communities and upgrading areas.
- Participation in the formulation of policy guidelines and strategies for curtailing the growth and spread of slums.
The Agency is headed by a General Manager and comprises of 6 Directorates (headed by a Director) and 5 units.
The Directorates include:
- Administration and Human Resources;
- Urban Planning and Development;
- Project Development;
- Research Statistics and Evaluation;
- Estate Services; and
The Units include:
- Public Affairs;
- Information, Communication and Technology (ICT); and internal Audit
No. 1 Urban Renewal Road, Off Oba Akinjobi Road, Old Secretariat, Ikeja.